Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am happy, healthy and me!

Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well.  ~Marcus Valerius Martial

I had my Ayurveda class this weekend, and I have to say it was worth the $20 for it. Good people and good class. The instructor had a very warming voice and she had studied all over the world. While I learned a lot, I think the most valuable things that I learned were:
1) I need to stay away from Birkam yoga. For someone like me (Pitta/Vata), I needed grounded & I need to have grounding. Going to a class like Birkam, would be a hot/moist environment, and this is something I need to stay away from
2) I need to be grounded. I need something in my life every day that is the same. While I love my crazy busy life, someone with my personality trait needs something grounding in my life. i.e working out or the yoga. If I cant make yoga, I need the gym. It grounds me.
3) Try and eat a meal (as I sit and eat at my desk LOL) once a day, without doing anything else. I think this is a good idea, and while it might be hard I am willing to try it. Hubbie also shared in liking the idea, so I am hoping that will help to motivate me to follow through.

I was thinking yesterday, about how this time last year I was soooooooooooooo sick and about ready to head into surgery for my eyes, for yet AGAIN. I was also than thinking how heading in my busy time at work, about how I continued to be in pain for the rest of the busy season, and didn't find any relief till after the busy season and I started the chemo meds. Crazy to think how far I have come, but at the same tine very heart warming. If I can make it through this busy season, this will be the first time I have done so without thousands in medical bills coming out of it. I am trying my hardest to continue along the path of healing. I am going to acupuncture once a month, yoga as much as I can (I need to try and get 3-4 practices in a week) and the gym to supplement my grounding.

I am happy. I am healthy and I am healing. It feels amazing ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home