Sunday, January 2, 2011

A dream sometimes isnt just a dream....


I awoke with morning to a weird feeling of panic.. I couldn't figure out why, and I rolled over to come to, and realized it was because of my dream. I spent the night dreaming, (use the word loosely as I am not sure I would call it a dream) about Thailand. Except this time, it was my hero Doc, Doc Stevens sending me to Thailand for an experimental eye treatment, to help as a last ditch effort with my eyes. The dream went through planning everything with my family to my passport. i was to meet an athletic team in Thailand, and watch some team play. I went through the motions of planning the trip and what was to happen... See this dream is scary for me, because when I was 15, my parents sent me to Thailand, as I was really sick. I was full of experimental medications and I had a migraine for 3 months. I missed out on school, and I was in so much pain. I remember the doctors telling me that I had a cavity in my sinuses which was filled with fluid, and they couldn't determine what caused it. See they couldn't operate on me, and they basically knew nothing... So, my parents sent me to Thailand with my sister, cousin and grandpa. We were to go see my uncle and aunt who  lived in Thailand. He is a teacher and at the time taught at AIT (Asian institute of technology). I don't remember much about the trip in all honesty, I was pumped so full of meds. I do remember the following. I had gotten sick, and most of my family remember it as me getting traveling flu, but I remember feeling like I was going to die. My body felt like it was literally rejecting me..Everyone went on this elephant ride, and i was to busy throwing up violently. I was watching soccer on Thai tv, and I stumbled outside. I saw this spirit house... and I remember this spirit floating out of it, and into me. I remember this moment of I will not let this define me, and I will not this get me down... 16+ years ago, and I still remember exactly what it looked like. See it was the spirit that scared me life..I will forever remember this moment as the day which saved my life... It's weird to have a dream with current situations, as I have never had this happen before to me. It sort of shock my sole to the core...And so I awake this morning, to be thankful I can flash forward 16 years, and still be alive and kicking... However I will never let that haunting feeling go, of the day I all most died...

In keeping up with the yoga studies and classes I enjoy, I stumbled upon a class this Saturday on something called Ayurveda. It is a class offered on the weekend, which discusses this acent philosopy. I started to read up on it, and got pretty excited to take the class. It discusses how the body and energy work together, to help form our energies. Pretty cool. Check it out! Ayurveda is grounded in a metaphysics of the "five great elements" (Devanāgarī: [महा] पञ्चभूत;Prithvi- earth, Aap-water, Tej-fire, Vaayu-air and Akash-ether)—all of which compose the Universe, including the human body.[1] Chyle or plasma (called rasa dhatu), blood (rakta dhatu), flesh (mamsa dhatu), fat (medha dhatu), bone (asthi dhatu), marrow (majja dhatu), and semen or female reproductive tissue (shukra dhatu) are held to be the seven primary constituent elements -- saptadhatu (Devanāgarī: सप्तधातु) of the body.[6] Ayurveda deals elaborately with measures of healthful living during the entire span of life and its various phases. Ayurveda stresses a balance of three elemental energies or humors: vata (air & space – "wind"), pitta (fire & water – "bile") and kapha (water & earth – "phlegm"). According to ayurveda, these three regulatory principles— doshas (literally that which deteriorates - Devanāgarī: त्रिदोष)—are important for health, because when they are in a more balanced state, the body will function to its fullest, and when imbalanced, the body will be affected negatively in certain ways. Ayurveda holds that each human possesses a unique combination of doshas. In ayurveda, the human body perceives attributes of experiences as 20 Guna (Devanāgarī: गुण, meaning qualities).[7] Surgery and surgical instruments are employed.[7] It is believed that building a healthy metabolic system, attaining good digestion, and proper excretion leads to vitality.[7] Ayurveda also focuses on exercise, yoga, meditation, and massage.[8] Thus, body, mind, and spirit/consciousness need to be addressed both individually and in unison for health to ensue.  So I am going to attend the class. I researched a little about the diet, and the week long detox diet they have, and I have to say I am pretty interested in researching this further. So I am going to sign up for the class :D Pretty excited for what it has to offer, and I like the teachings behind it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home