Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yoga- My modern medicine

Today in yoga class with bad ass instructor who played Pink Floyd at the end of 2010(I knew I loved her than!!!) we worked don the 3rd eye, which is the "feeling" part of the body. They believe it is female, and it is 100% about emotions.  Better describe in Wikipedia as "The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring in part to the ajna (brow) chakra in certain Eastern and Western spiritual traditions. It is also spoken of as the gate that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye may alternately symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance (which includes the ability to observe chakras and auras),[1] precognition, and out-of-body experiences. " Bad ass instructor went on to say that all to often in life, we get caught up in the 3rd eye, and the emotions, and forgetting that they are just that, emotions. She talked about how we need to open up our body to the 3rd eye, but be careful to not let it rule us. As we were settling into the practice, and warming our bodies up (as she says " become present here and now") I had tears once again stream from my face. All though this time they were tears of being, I wouldn't say sadness or upset like "letting go" of something, I just felt like I was feeling, and for once in my life, I was ok with it. I can't describe it, I just felt this sense of like everything was going to be ok. Haven't felt that way in a long time.. Always feel unsettled and not knowing where things are going. I have to say this New Year, came without drama and with love from people we are blessed to be surrounded by. It's very peaceful and blissful, and something I plan on fully exploring in 2011. For yoga is my new doctor ;-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home