Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fuck the scale.

In a weak moment, I jumped on the scale after yoga class today, and I have since decided fuck the scale, what matters is how we feel on the inside. I am happy, healthy and work out/yoga 6 times a week. I bust my ass working out, and my body is starting to get toned and show some muscle. Sure I am 140 (125 per IUD) but apparently I am learning I was too skinny and not healthy. Hubbie informed me that my collar bone was sticking and he didn't like it. Sure I don't like being above 130, but with the hormones and my IUD, i think weight gain was part of the experience. I am not happy about it, but I am learning to adjust. I watch my caloric intake, and try my hardest to keep cheese out of my life. I watch what I eat and most importantly the portion sizes. Sucks, sure but so is life. I am still rocking my size 4 jeans, while they might be a little tighter, they are better than they were 1ish months ago during busy season, and I am feeling more comfortable in my skin. Gaining weight is never easy, but it's also just a number. Numbers are just that, numbers and how you choose to feel about them is up to you. My hubbie last night in all honesty hadn't seen me in my nakedness for a few weeks (with busy lifes, and also my IUD scare, it happened.. and maybe one or two drunken nights, so for the most part, he hadn't) and the way he looked at me made everything ok. He sees the beauty in me, and also sees the hard work of Jillian, riding my horses, pilates and yoga paying off. He even made a comment about how shapely my legs are getting. I need to just reshape the way I look at things. Sure I weigh 15lbs more, but supposedly no one sees it, and I am healthy. Plus I have hooters now which is an added bonus. LOL Moral of the story, fuck the scale it's just a number :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home