Friday, April 15, 2011

I will NOT let a Doc depress me...

I can be changed by what happens to me, but i refuse to be reduced by it.
- Maya Angelou -



I read this quote this morning, and thought it was quite true. Being that Doc Greedy (Dr. Redwine) is all over the papers for his suspension for his license, I find this quote very heart warming. See after my surgery which did nothing, and spending the  weeks before in so much pain AND THAN to only be told at 31 years old "Hey I want to yank your uterus out!" I honestly sunk into a deep deep depression. I had no answers, a Doc I once trusted with everything, was telling me there was no hope, and I was to just start yanking out organs. Not only with a total guess (which worked so well the first surgery) but I AM 31 YEARS OLD!!! Baffles me to this day how he can still think that this is an option. Ooooooooooooooo wait, HE WANTED THE MONEY!!!! He wasn't willing to even talk to me about red meat, or acupuncture or an IUD. See he got my money, worked his "magic" and was done with me. Thanks being total ass and uncaring about your PATIENT!!! I walked out of his office and spent the next few weeks so depressed.. I had no options... ACCORDING TO HIM. So me being me, I had some time to think to myself, and knew that there is always an option, and at this very time I decided that I was doing to throw out the window western medicine and doctors, and try to heal myself....


Flash forward a few months, I got my IUD in, and have been keeping up with regular acupuncture every month, cut out red meat (seriously should of listened to me Doc Greedy) and I am doing well and almost made it through my busy season!!! I am happy and healthy and I, no one else, is in control of my health. I made a pact that when I walked out of the office of a doctor's office (or health related) that I would feel good, and not bad about myself. Dr. Redwine has zero bedside manner, and treats every patient like they are just a number. I HATE that about some doctors. We are the reason you went into medical school, remember TO HELP PEOPLE!!!! I have always held him in the highest regard for the women's whose life he has changed for the better, and for women whom he operated on and made a difference in their, but for all those women, those US women who listened to him, a TRUSTED doctor and got no relieve. Got no answer and most importantly got scammed out of our money. His all might surgery is not the end all, and I wish he would not think he walks on water and this is the only way to treat patients. Surgery isn't the only option, and I know you get your $6,800 fee, but maybe if you looked at treating the patient as a whole person, and not just as a surgery, you wouldn't have such mixed feelings from everyone all over the Internet. In case you forgot.. You took this creed when you became a doctor, it is your duty to follow it completely not just as you see fit!!!!!

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given to me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.
I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.
I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home