Sunday, June 12, 2011

First glimpse...

In the morning, when you firdt wake up, it's the best time in the morning to me. You wake up, see the mirror and you have no judgements, no sterotypes, no guilt for the food or drinks you haad that day. It truely is the best time in the morning. You see your body naked and raw, and truely at it's best (for me anyways). I dont see the scars of past surgeies or mental wounds which have yet to heal. You only see the naked raw truth of who you truely are. I love it. I dont think abou how I wish my stomach looked different or how I need to workout more, I just see me. 

Tomorrow I start an assessment with a local kickboxing/martial arts coach. This is SO OUTSIDE of my comfort zone. I always work out alone and free from judgment of other people. Yoga took a big step for me years ago, but no one is there to judge you, everyone is in there own space & mental healing. I have always wanted to try a kickboxing class through a martial arts instructor but always the little voice in my head would overrule my desire. The class is Tuesday-Thursday and while I am scared & shy, I am also equally excited. I think and hope it will bring my health & fitness level to a level which I have been striving for.  As hubbie says, sometimes you need to step outside your comfort level to get something you have always wanted to do. I am so happy I have his support and encouragement. Welp off to start my day. I worked all day yesterday, it's sunny & gorgeous out, so I might go run the river trail :-)




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home