Thursday, October 14, 2010

First day back in the saddle

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.  ~Pam Brown

Technically (mins my relapse) today would be 4 weeks :D Woot!

Got back in the saddle last night. I threw on my riding boots, and a saddle on my favorite western pony (she is short and adorable, so i call her my pony) and went for a ride before the sun set. It felt AMAZING to be back in the saddle. I love my horses. It is my yoga and sense of calm. Horses dont care about how you feel or what you are wearing, they just want to be loved. I rode my girlie-girlie at a nice slow pace, and posted every so slightly. By the end of it, oh ya, I hurt. Sorry Doctor, guess you were right!!! LOL BUT I refuse to keep living my life like a sick person, so what if I have alittle pain, what else is new?!? I had to go home, pop some meds & lay down on the couch & rest. No move, I think my insides were jiggled enough LOL All totally worth it, and I love my horses more than anything. I have had them my whole life, and the amount of zen and calm that comes over me when I ride is amazing. Suddenly everything else just seems so much simpler and less stressful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home