Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Balancing mind & body



As I was thinking about my appointment that Ih ave with my therapist this week, I began to think about the test he gave me last week, and the results I found out on Friday. He gave me the MMPI-2 on Monday, and I was given the results on Friday. I figured in this quest i am on for self-healing it probably would be a good idea. He discovered the following:
1) I have high anxiety (well duh!)
2) I am overly concerned with health issues and health related matters (again DUH!)
3) I tend to want people to like me, and I tend to come off as self-confident.. Hmmmmmm maybe I could see this. I am no so concerned with people all liking me I think... Maybe I am not sure. I know that I want to come off as self-confident because I am very proud of myself & the things I have accomplished given the obstalces placed in front of me.
4) I dont like authority. Now this one I was stumped on. So I asked the opinion of my best friend and hubbie. Hubbie response was "Well duh! You work for you dad and he is your only boss. The only person you have to answer to".. BFF response was I dont think in an authoritative matter, but for sure you dont like anyone to have "control over you".. Ok maybe so, I can see this one
5) He questioned if I have a substance abuse problem. I would say most definitely not... I could have the tendencies to based on past experiences, but I for sure would not say now.

Now here is my question. Dr. B encouraged me to come and visit him weekly and to continue our work together. My response ot him was that it all depends on $$$$. Sorry but it does. With the vast aray of medical crap I am paying for, it all depends on money. However this is my question. What can you do for me? He keeps asking me what he can do for me, my response is self-integration. I would like for me to be comfortable with the person I am. All the time. Also to get some help with quieting my mind. Learning to find that inner peace. So in turn, this Friday when I go to see him, my question to him is going to be "How can you help me?!?"...

On an unrelated note. Hubbie and I had some loving last night. It was nice. However this morning my bladder feels like I could pee my pants ar any moment, and it's so inflamed it's awful. Didn't take any meds for it this morning though, I just wasn't in the mood. Looking forward to getting the IUD and trying that option. i am really sick of condoms. I really think the inflammation could be being caused by this... But at this point who the fuck knows. But again at this point, i am ready to try anything :D

chakra yogaHave a yoga class at 11:00ish today. I am excited for that. First time for this class. It is titled  and it is about the "energies" flowing throughout your body. I am egar and exciting to try it. Not only will it work on the energies in my body for the day (hence no need for energy medicine daily routine today) but it will also provide me with an amazing workout. I think this describes it well "It goes from the holistic health practices to the mystical and sacred. Because mind is connected to the body through energy (via the nervous system), learning how to work with these energies empowers and balances the chakras, bringing the body to a state of peak health, and the mind to a calm state. The result is a consciousness that is free to embrace its spiritual nature, a mind that is peaceful and clear, and a body that maintains optimum health. " I think in my quest to ultimately find this balance  between body and mind, this flows right into it. My shrink (I hate that word but it works for right now) thinks that I harness my negative/anxiety energy in my body, and that I am manifesting some of this pain. Which I would agree with, but with all the anxiety i do have, I think it is important to try and get the energy flowing correctly throughout my body... We shall see!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home