Thursday, October 28, 2010

WillPower is a funny thing....

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.


Just reading this article from a facebook link I saw in my news updates. "What you expect of your willpower, you just might get" It is discussing Willpower. How the very nature of willpower it limiting IF the person believes they are in fact limited on willpower... I go back and forth on this very issue...For myself, everything I do requires willpower. Hell even getting out of bed sometimes is a sheer act of willpower. Not because I am exhausted or lazy, like most people, but because I hurt and I NEVER KNOW what the day will bring for my body. Ever.. Hell I dont even know what the hour will bring. Every minute and every second of my life is willpower. Ever time I eat, I inact willpower. Every time I work out I do. Because every single thing I do usually hurts in some way or another. Oooooo for a day of pain free living?!? What would that ever be like? Back to my point. Willpower. Every time I eat it is willpower. I can't eat this or I cant eat this.... When I am out with friends and they all order fries & tator tots. Nope, cant eat em. Friends all decide to order some friend calamari, nope cant eat that either. Its like one giant playground and I can only ride the teeter-tot.... by myself. I refuse to say this, but sometimes I see people acting in certain ways, and I am like really?!?! You are complaining about this? Suck it up, life could be worse.... or stop being such a pansy ass... It could be worse. I hate saying it, and I hate being that person,  but for real, sometimes people need to nut the fuck up... A close friend of mine once told me that God (I will say life) only throws you what you can handle... Well God/life, I think I have had to handle enough, stop throwing things at me!!!!!!

Appointment tomorrow with the Energy Medicine Doctor. Eager and excited to try something new. I think by now we are on plan SD... Needed to go with doubler initials, I am like the IRS, I am running out of letters to name my plans (much like their forms) so I have moved to double letters. LOL I always believe their is an other option and another choice.. It may take me some time to find that other choice, but I always believe that their is a plan ______. Life is one big giant choice. We all make them. We all deal with them.. Just some of us have to make harder decisions every single day of our lives.... Eager and excited for tomorrow, for something new... But scared and soul troubling to go over ALL my health problems in one meeting. Gets a little depressing an overwhelming for even me!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home