Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gaining weight on Mirena?!?

I don't know how I feel about this.... I have done tons of research and looked up people's comments and what they say. After looking at several, I think I have come to a conclusion on what works best for me.

Many people say that they are having other side effects with the IUD (like stomach problems, dizziness, headaches ect) and for me, those were my problems and they all have dwindled or gone away to nothing. I don't have anything bad to say about Mirena except the 10lbs I have noticed that I have gained. I weighed 128 going into the busy season, and now I am floating between 138-140. People kept telling me a I was to skinny, so maybe I needed 10ish lbs BUT I DON'T WANT ANYMORE! I am bordering on uncomfortable. From what I read, the IUD makes people gain 10ish pounds, and if you work out hard & keep to a health lifestyle, than the pounds will level themselves off and your body will adjust. Ok so let's be logical here (since I was completely emotional and illogical with my hubbie last night). I haven't been very active with busy season, in January and February I would try and hit the gym and make it maybe once or twice a week, and I did let some of my foods I am NOT SUPPOSE to eat (for health not weight reason) come back into my life. I got busy with work and used it as an excuse to stop working out. I focused all my energy on work, and I think I am now suffering for it. I know my boobies are growing, which obviously this is hormone related, and of course some lbs are going to come with that. I know my booty has grown a little bit and needs to be toned back from the gym. My 6 pack abs isn't there, and I am slowly working on those.... I also noticed with people's posts that they took out the IUD and miraculously thoughts they would lose all the "extra" weight that they gained, and it seems everyone got stuck at 10lbs. Soooooooooooo maybe IUD makes people gain 10ish lbs. I am ok with that. Er, I will be. Working on it. But there has to be a coloration between people gaining 10ish lbs, and the IUD. I refuse give up.

SO here's what I am going to do. Bust my ass at the gym the next week, and see what happens. Right now I am at 2lbs per week, and I would like to hold steady. See what happens eating what I am suppose to and getting the right amount of exercise (all though I would like more than an hour a day, but I got another month...) and see where the scale lands. I will closely monitored my body, and see what happens. IF I get over 145 with me working out like crazy, I will call my doctor or a nutritionist. See weight is my ONLY bad side effect with the IUD, and I don't just want to throw it away. Is it hard. Yes. Is it emotionally draining. Yes. Do I need more loves and support from my husband than ever. Yes. But like with anything else in life, I have to work twice as hard as most people to make sure my body reacts, and make it react in a positive way. I am emotionally and physically drained from my job right now and I miss my life.... I just need to be a fighter right now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Ami said...

ok I was on mirena... and i just got it out yesterday....i was on it for 4 years... and gained ten pounds each year...i would work out like crazy and eat right and still i would never lose any weight!! I finally went to the doctor because my fingers kept swelling up. Even though i have only been off mirena one day i feel 200% better i didnt realize how much energy it took from me. I constantly felt drained for no reason at all.... Just keep your chin up :) i will subscribe to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home