Friday, March 25, 2011

Jillian's #1 tip!

"Be brave and be patient. Have faith in yourself; trust in the significance of your life and the purpose of your passion. You are strong enough to sit in the space between spaces and allow divine inspiration to shed some light. When you put positive energy and productive effort into the world it will come back to you. Occasionally in ways you might not immediately understand and on a time frame you didn’t expect. Look. Listen. Learn. Stay open. Your destiny is awaiting you."
Jillian Michaels (Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life)

How could I NEVER do this before?!? I have never watched my calories. *gulp* When I started to eliminate inflammation foods from my diet, and tried to find the right path for my health, calories were SO HARD for me to come about, because I was cutting everything out that I knew under the sun, so it really wasn't a concern. I was rapidly getting health and dropping weight, so I never thought of it. I was feeling better and that's what mattered... I never really even looked at the calorie content, because i got settled with where I was at. I was searching yesterday for some Jillian tips on weight loss and control over your weight, and saw her # 1 is CALORIE COUNTING!!!! *GASP*. So I thought I would track my foods for the day and see where I was. I determine through some research that I should be somewhere in the 2,000ish calorie range. Here is what I found:

2 cups of Starbucks Decaf Via using only 1/3 of packets twice: 2/3 packets & sugar-free creamer 100ish
2 Apple Cinnamon Vans Waffles with 1ish TBS of butter each (189 + butter say 250)
2 glasses of water
1 small bowl of Kix & Skim milk
½ cupish cottage cheese (90 calories)
1 small Gatorade (80 calories)
GF bagel with Turkey, Mayo, 2 slices of Jack Cheese & lettuce with Smart Puffs
      (Turkey slices = 45 calories, cheese 110ish, bagel 310 calories, and Smart Puffs 75ish) =’s 540 calories
Handful of Mini Crispy Rice Snack (Kettle Corn) 60
1 banana (105) and scoop of cottage cheese (90)(LOWFAT)
2 Glutino crackers 120 calories
Fish dinner with brown rice & green beans (guessing here) 400ish
2 Hornsbee Hard Ciders (320)


100 (decaf)
250 (Faffles)
0 Water
110 (kix) + 80 (milk)
90 (Cottage Cheese)
80 (Gatorade)
540 (Sammie & Fessy puffs)
60 (rice snacks)
90 (COTTAGE CHEESE) +  105 (Banana)
120 (crackers)
400 (ish) Fish dinner
320 (drinks)
2,255 calories!!!

OMFG! How could I not even know this?!? While the amount of calories isn't the largest concern, I was losing track of what I was eating. I should be making smarter choices with what I eat. With Gluten-Free food, you have to read the labels so it seems. Sometimes because it is GF, makers tend to add things like sugar & flavorings, and the calories can be between 180-300 for each serving. I need to make sure I am not eating Faffles every day, and instead eating oatmeal and a banana. I need to make smart choices. I am going to track my food for the next week (per Jillian's advice) and see where I land. Even making a smart choice in the each meal, can add to shaving off a few extra pounds and getting rid of the bloat!!! And so I take advice from one of the best workout gurus I now and respect!!

Also today is weigh in day at the gym Curious where I land. Also Pilate's day. I am mildly ready for an ass kicking since Miss P just got back from a boot camp!!! We shall see!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home