Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't be so quick to blame IUD!!!

Weight: 135.5
Mood: Exhausted but i am grinning from ear to ear
Workouts: BUSTED my ass this week!!

So I remember one thing distinctly when my lovely Doc IUD talked to me prior to IUD. She said "Does IUD make you gain weight?. Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeee but nothing can be proved and how can you blame the IUD on lifestyle choices!" She was very vague and non blaming on it, and I remember her face even when she said this. So i read other peoples comments and posts, and one could either assume 3 things:
1) IUD's are awful and make you gain weight
2) IUD's are amazing & no problem
3) Everyone else falls between, and gives up and takes it out.

Scar #1 from Worthless Surgery
Now. Let's think about this logically. My husband mentioned something to me last week while I eat a plate of rice pasta (I believed I ranted about this) made with turkey and only seasonings "That's a large plate of food!!!" to which I got all upset and fired up. Hindsite, he was right. Bastard. There was two important things I was forgetting in this equation. Sure hormone makes you gain weight. Everyone knows that, but everyone seem to forget that. It's what makes some girls have junk in their trunks, and boobs! Hell when I was on depo, I had Double D's!!! DOUBLE D's!!!! Which when I went off Depo, my boobies shrank allllllllllll the way down to a B!!! Now, if hormones can make you do that, why cant they make you gain weight. BUT here's the kicker. Why cant it be controllable? SO what you have to work a little harder and make a little extra effort. So be it. Taking the IUD out doesn't mean resuming a "normal life"by any means. To me it means pain, bleeding, suffering, lose of motivation and it hurts to walk. IUD removal means condoms again and no more spontaneous sex. It means suffering every day from the burning feeling I have in my pelvic area and horrible mind numbing periods. Its means blood clots coming out of my body in all places at all times. It means something I am not willing to accept. If I have to work harder, at least I can work harder and not be on the couch!!!! Taking out the IUD means this scar (pictured) will ALWAYS be there, and a reminder of pain, suffering, burned money and a VERY painful time in my life (thanks Dr. Greedy!). Words cannot describe what it feels like to look at yourself EVERY time and see these scars. You don't understand unless you have scars to remind you of a very haunting time, that fixed nothing and cost you thousands you are still paying off & a doctor who completely took advantage of a pained young women.

I busted my ass this week, watched what I ate and worked my bootie off, and look, I am back down to 135ish AND I got me some booty and boobies LOL No seriously, I think sometimes in America people are quick to judge and blame things for things like weight gain. Yes, I can see why people think the IUD made them gain weight, BUT if you read the posts after people have it taken out "HELP I CANT LOSE THE WEIGHT!" So logistically here, think about it. Maybe your lifestyle is to blame, not the IUD...

YOGA IS MY SAVOR!!!
I went to my Pilate's/yoga class today with my badass instructor. I should of stayed and work, but everyone was grumpy and I needed the release. Yoga is my savor. So I went. Mid way through class, I was completely in the zone with my eyes closed and sooooooooooo in the moment. Badass instructor asked us to breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh into our bodies and let go with a motion called Wood Chopping. I did, and god dammit I start to tear up and I could feel this release from my body. The stress, the tension, the pain of the busy season was just "letting go" and I let the tears stream down my face. I felt so in touch with myself and my body it was AMAZING!!! Yoga practice went on, and towards the end we got into our favorite ending pose, whatever that may be for us. I sat with my legs crossed Indiana style and just breathed. Again the tears started to roll down my face. It felt so amazing. I went up to instructor after class, and said "Thank You". She looked at me and said that it was absolutely beautiful to see that release" and pointed to my eyes. AMAZING... What a day!!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home