Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We are people not a number...

As I am in our last week of busy season, I think about how far I have come in my health and how I feel. I think back to where I was a year ago, my bladder was so inflamed, think the WORST infection you could ever have and multiple it times 10. I was on medication I HATED. It was the most awful medication to help control my IC, desperamine which in higher doses is an anti-depressant and in lower does it does something to deaden your nerves in your bladder area. God it was awful. I spent 3 weeks working 11+ hours a day, in not only the worse pelvic pain, but also the worst constipation. It was horrible. I remember when I went to see the urologist, she was a complete bitch. Not only that, they don't take insurance, (only urologist in town) so it cost me $600ish to go see this total bitch. She spent like 15mins with me, prescribe me these meds, handed me a book and said there you go. Really?!? I remember I left feeling so happy that there was an answer, but felt completely disregarded by this doctor. She wanted me to do all these tests and such to see if I had IC. Tests such as a cystoscopy and something else. Ummmm ya, let's inflame my bladder and pelvic area even more. I swear sometimes that doctor forget that we are humans to. They forget that the pain we experience is real, and effects us in our every day life. This doctor was complete crap. I hated how she made me feel, and I swore I would get off these meds as soon as I could. Sooooo this winter, through help of acupuncture, yoga and changing my eating habits,  I can all most say for the first time in 6 years of my career, I can say I CAN DO THIS!!! I can work the hours I want.. I can make it through this. The power if you believe in yourself is just that, YOUR power.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home