Monday, July 16, 2012

Crazy thing called life

So much has happened, I don't even know where to start.... So I will start here.

Today my therapist after weeks of appointments diagnosed me with ADHD... and it seems as though the last few decades of my life, all seem to make sense now. It's amazing how I managed to survive with the higher education.. I should of been a statistic, I should of been a drop-out.. But somehow I managed to not only get one degree, but 2.

I decided based on past patterns and well life... A life of addictions, failed marriages and broken friendships, I am SICK of living my life this way. It's exhausting and I went off this ride, so I decided to seek counseling, and I have to say it's been the best idea of my life..... Have an appointment with my primary doctor next week, since it's a controlled substance (the treatment) I need to see them.

Still trying to process this whole thing. It's scary and exciting at the same time... Here's a new beginning. Doc suggested I read Driven Distraction New Recognizing Attention. I am going to pick up a copy tonight, I am eager, scared and excited to try and relearn life... It has been such a struggle, and quite frankly I am exhausted. He said I am a very extreme case, given the severity of my ADHD and that I can function.. The hardest kind.

Well back to work.... Going to start posting again.... I feel its a good and positive outlet for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home