Wednesday, February 23, 2011

24 hours of Detox.

"Be master of yourself everywhere. All you do prooves true" - Zen Saying-

Welp I made it through the night, and realized the most important lesson, which is I need to put more attention into what I eat and what I am putting into my body. Hubbie and I last night made some Minestrone Soup and it was AWESOME! We added some Tinkaydi noodles to it, as noted on the bottom, and it was the bomb. It even filled up my hubbie! Next time, I am totally going to make this soup, but add some italian turkey to it, and saute the turkey with the garlic and onions. Still totally healthy and yummy, BUT has some meat in it for protein!! I ended up eating a Fagel (wheat-free bagel) last night with some butter and cinnamon, my tummy was feeling cramped, and I know cinnamon can help it.

While I don't think detoxing is the easiest thing to do during the busy season, I do know I have learned some valuable lessons thus far, and that being that sometimes you need to go just stick with the basics. My husband has gotten super re-energized as well, and it going to try some Crock Pot Fish Stew Friday night!!! YUMMY! He has seen that we need to stop feeding ourselves with so much crap. And by crap I mean crap for us. Need to watch the dairy, and I need foods in the house which i can eat when I am hungry. I also made some Wheat-Free Bread in my bread maker, and this morning before work I sliced it up, and froze it. Perfect :-) This morning I ate some yummy apples and a banana. Instead of Decaf coffee (which needs to go back to a weekend thing) I had some hot water with a splash of sugar-free creamer. Like coffee, but good for me ;-)

For lunch today, left over soup and a slice of yummy GF bread ;-) No time for work out, as I need to go get my check up for my blood work for the chemo meds I am on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home