Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby Steps

Hubbie went and saw therapist and doc yesterday. They are going to start him on a low grade anti-depressant which he starts today. I am mildly concerned though that he sees this as the only thing he needs to change in his life, and I don't see it that way. In no way do I want him to become dependent on the medication. He needs to make adjustments to his lifestyle, and incorporate such things as physical activity and things for himself. I would imagine it's hard when you are depressed to not want to see the magic in just taking a little pill to feel better. Hell I know that sometimes with my health issues I wish that there was a little magic pill I could take, and feel magically better. I am hoping through my love and support, that we can fight through this. I don't know where our marriage stands, but it doesn't matter He isn't himself, and what matter right now is him getting healthy and back to a functioning state of mind. I am not sure how to support him, I mean I can try but I feel like I need to educate myself and try to learn ways to get him feeling up to doing things.... I cant imagine the sadness he must be feeling inside his soul right now. It breaks my heart.


Day 3 I think with metrodolizone meds.. Tingling in my leg has gone done, and I really as of this far, haven't notice any major changes besides that. In all honesty I don't know what to except. Hubbie keeps telling me to go to the doctor, but with my current medical clinic bill about to be paid off, I am hestistant. I know what these meds can do to you, and I am pretty sure I have been on them for over 3 years.. Would that be considered long term? I think it would... and fucking everything I read tells me that LONG TERM IS BAD... So even without the tingling, I think it's better off. I mean shit these anti-toics are meant to treat more or less the bubic plague... no joke. it's a HARD CORE med... I am scared.. sure... but what can I do?!? I don't have a choice. Looking at the long term effects, I think it's time to wing it and see. I am hoping my gums dont decide to rage a war on me.. and that these anti-botics are in fact not doing anything but harm to my body.. I really dont want to have to make the decision where which side-effects are least?!!?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home