Monday, November 14, 2011

Fuck

Seriously FUCK!!!

I currently take Metronidazole, which I have been on for awhile, and quite frankly I hate the fact that I am on it. Few years ago when I went on it (which it's suppose to be a short term thing, and for some reason my body likes it) I had an allergic reaction to it, and had to down my dosage. I started to get this weird tingling in my legs, and felt like they were asleep. I remember it because it was on Halloween, and we had a house full of people, and I remember freaking the fuck out in my head when it happened. Since than, I cut back my dosage and every once and while, had moments where the tingling would come back. Well fuck. Now it's back all the time and it's scaring the shit out of me. I don't like it. I think I am going to have to finally cut it out, and see what happens. I don't think I need I need to see my doctor on this one, shit man I have been on it for years, I think maybe it's time to get off. It's a freaky fucking feeling man, I feel like my leg is going to fall asleep and fall off. I cut the medication down to 1/4, but the tingling is still happening. It FREAKS ME OUT. When I lay on the couch at night, I can feel my ankle tingling, and I HATE IT.. I get these thoughts of not being able to walk someday.. so I think it's time to wean myself off of them. I have NO IDEA WTF will happen, but I can't handle this tingling anymore. and I KNOW it's an allergic reaction which means my body is done with it. I was going to post more.. but after reading below.. somehow I just can't seem to think of anything else.

WOW JUST READ THIS!!!! AWESOME! NOT! I think the time has come to go off!
Common adverse drug reactions (≥1% of patients) associated with systemic metronidazole therapy include: nausea, diarrhea, and/or metallic taste in the mouth. Intravenous administration is commonly associated with thrombophlebitis. Infrequent adverse effects include: hypersensitivity reactions (rash, itch, flushing, fever), headache, dizziness, vomiting, glossitis, stomatitis, dark urine, and/or paraesthesia.[3] High doses and/or long-term systemic treatment with metronidazole is associated with the development of leukopenia, neutropenia, increased risk of peripheral neuropathy and/or CNS toxicity.[3]

Metronidazole is listed by the US National Toxicology Program (NTP) as reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen. Although some of the testing methods have been questioned[citation needed], oral exposure has been shown to cause cancer in experimental animals.[8] The relationship between exposure to metronidazole and human cancer is unclear.[8] One study (Beard et al. 1988) found an excess in lung cancer among women (even after adjusting for smoking), while other studies (IARC 1987; Thapa et al. 1998) found either no increased risk, or a statistically insignificant risk.[8] [9] It appears to have a fairly low potential for cancer risk and under most circumstances the benefits of treatment outweigh the risk. Metronidazole is listed as a possible carcinogen according to the WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).[10]

Due to its potential carcinogenic properties, metronidazole is banned in the EU and the USA for veterinary use in the feed of animals and is banned for use in any food animals in the USA.[11][12] In the USA, this type of restriction is covered under the Delaney clause.

Earlier studies suggested a relation between metronidazole and various birth defects. Those studies are now considered flawed and more recent studies "do not support a significant increased risk for birth defects or other adverse effects on the fetus."[13]

Common adverse drug reactions associated with topical metronidazole therapy include local redness, dryness, and/or skin irritation; and eye watering (if applied near eyes).[3]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home