Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gold Star IUD & Wall Yoga!!!

First off, I want to take a a moment to APPRECIATE my IUD. Here I am at the end of the month, which normally would be followed by mind-numbing cramping, heavy flow period lasting 7+ days, awful stomach pains and clots the size of an oz of red meat... and rather calming and mildly my "period" came into light this month about as peaceful as it is going to leave. Sure I have some episodes with my pelvic pains flaring & also boats of stomach ills, BUT let's take moment and think were I use to be!!! Not only to mention I can make it through the day with a little pantie liner and MAYBE sometimes switching it a light pad. When I use to have y periods, I would go through a pad an hour and if I could even handle a tampon, they would only last a couple of hours, if only for an hour. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, and something I can only attribute to the IUD!! I am not trying to be to graphic here, but these are the things that the doctors don't tell you. They don't tell you about how when you sleep at night now, no more need for night grandma panties with a diaper size pad AND a tampon... and if I you are lucky making it through the night for about 6 hours... Now I can comfortably drift off to sleep not feeling like I am potty training all over again with a giant diaper size pad. My pelvic pain is temporary usually and is briefly passed. I know my "period" is coming because the hormones trigger a change in my stomach area & food I can eat, but that's about it now. It's pretty fucking awesome if you ask me... and so HERE'S TO YOU IUD for making things in my life I usually struggle with so silently, not be so humiliating and depressing. I hope you continue along your path of success...

(This isn't me but shows wall yoga!)
Now wall yoga. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK is that?!?! I thought the exact same thing when Miss P instructed us to start our yoga practice against the wall, and we proceeded to practice using the wall as our stability. See it was a trust excise, and one which I had a hard time trusting to start!!! Once you closed your eyes, and began to trust not only your body, but the experience of the whole thing, it completely altered and change my practice for the day for the better. It was AWESOME! Like Warrior against the wall. Doing wheel pose against the wall. OMFG so amazing. If you haven't tried this before, I can't even stress how much you should try and practice your practice against the wall. Trust in your self. Let go.. Believe the wall will hold you and your body will follow. It was Epic. Another amazing yoga practice Miss P!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2018 at 4:03 AM , Blogger Luck City said...

Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing... ashtanga yoga teacher training Rishikesh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home