Friday, December 2, 2011

Tears in yoga

Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one's being, from bodily health to self realization. Yoga means union - the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day to day life and endows skill in the performance of one's actions.
B.K.S. Iyengar

See for me, this is an amazing thing. Miss P has this way of just bringing out the inner ability to just let gggggggggooooooooooo of whatever the fuck is holding on to you... I love her class, and she is an amazing instructor. I don't know what it is about her class, but something with her flows, rhythm and the way she teaches, I usually end up in relaxation pose, and tears start streaming down my face. See for me, this is an amazing thing.. It isn't tears of sadness, or pain, they are tears of letting go and I love it!!! See yoga for me is amazing.. The ability for me to let go, and stop holding on t the hurt, and the pain. It's so incredibly healing and I need to get my ass back to practicing 4+ times a week.

On another note... Yoga for me means no pain for an hour. I know these crazy to the average person, but to me, I live with chronic pain every day... Every day is different and it all depends on life events & how my bitchy ass immune system is feeling on that given day. Every day is different. I wake up every morning and feel my different body parts, and do a little assessment of how things feel... It's crazy, but it something I have to do EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY.... Yoga for me is an hour without pain. One hour... whenever I practice without pain! It's such an awesome thing. I tell my hubbie this and he smirks, in a loving way knowing how awesome that is for me, but he also doesn't understand... I don't feel my gums bleeding or cut up like Freddie (that's going off the Methrodolizone and figuring out if I can survive without it) or my bladder doesn't feel like a burning razor.. My head doesn't hurt.. My eyes feel free & painless. It's such an AMAZING experience. I am so thankful that I found yoga and allowed myself to experience it.. live it and breath in the experience of yoga. I am so thankful that I have something I can do and not experience pain.  Words cannot describe it.. I would like them to.. but they cannot other than thankful. I am thankful that through all the shit & pain I have been through, I can find something to balance me.... and it's awesome!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home